Saturday, November 12, 2011

Mission Updates: Ward's in Panama

My Best Object Lesson 
by President Craig Ward

An Elder from Calif. wanted to go home.  He has been writing his girlfriend two times a day and just can´t stop worrying about his family.   I had several interviews with him.  He is a great kid and would probably become my AP If he could just stop thinking about home.  I asked him if he liked object lessons.   He said, “Yes!” So I took him up to the roof of our building.
I told the Elder to look at the world around us.  As he was looking at all the skyscrapers, I pushed him into the swimming pool - pants, tie, shoes, nametag and all.   I was glad he came up laughing.  I told him, “Elder you can´t have one foot in the world and the other on your mission.”    “If you want to be happy you have to be completely immersed in the work.”  I then jumped in with him, shoes and all, and said, “You and I are in this together.  I am going home in 20 months and so are you.  I need you.”  Neither he nor I will ever forget the lesson.
Lonna had no idea what I was going to do.  I asked her before hand to come up with two towels and a camera in about 1 minute.  She did and took a great picture of the Elder and me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment