Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Church in Bonaire

Church on Bonaire was wonderful – once we got there.  There is one branch on the island and the church website took us to a residence in the wrong town.  Thanks to a very persistent and kind taxi driver, and his network of friends, we found the building just as sacrament meeting began.  We met in a one room building with two fans and about 35 in attendance (photo attached).  The service was held in Papiamento but the Elders (both from Utah) and branch president gave their remarks in both Papiamento and English just for us.  There isn’t a Papiamento hymnbook so we sang together in Spanish.

There is something about participating in the ordinance of the sacrament in unfamiliar environments that I love.  The day was particularly powerful.  I feel like I understand just a little bit more about God’s love for all of his children and the universality of the Savior’s Atonement.



While in Bonaire... 



No comments:

Post a Comment